What is the Great Starfish Trail?
*UPDATE*: Thanks to the wonderful ambition of our volunteers, we’ve now exceeded the original target distance of 750km. We’ve extended the ‘Virtual’ trail to start in Karachi, and end in Islamabad.. a total of 1650km and almost the entire length of Pakistan! The fundraising target of £30,000 remains the same. Please sponsor Team Starfish!
As we look to the future we see a mountain of opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. That’s why we’re putting on our running shoes to help make extra investments for those most in need. If you connect our southernmost school in the Punjab (Gordon School, Khanpur) to the Lahore Office, going through the major towns where we support schools, it’s a distance of around 750km. We’d like as many people as possible, from across the UK and beyond, to commit to a sponsored walk, run, swim or cycle ride so that together we can cover this distance.
Why? The goal for this huge effort is to provide a year’s support for 10 of our struggling schools which currently have no regular donors AND to raise funds for much-needed school improvements. This boost will enable us to reach further, in faith, and extend support to a number of new schools. We therefore have a target of £30,000 or £40/ KM!
How many KM could you sponsor us for?
How to get involved:
1. Decide what distance you would like to cover, and by which method.
2. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
3. We will send you an invitation to create your own personalised fundraising page* and help you to set it up.
4. Share your page with friends and family and start seeing the donations come in
5. Complete your distance any time between 9th and 24th September. This could be as part of an organised event, a local parkrun or a simple walk or cycle around your neighbourhood.
* alternatively we’ll send a paper form so you can collect your own sponsorship offline, and we will add it to the total.
For any runners in the Southeast, our CEO Rob and Administrator Liz will be completing their distances at an organised event in Richmond Park on Sunday 17th September. Why not come along along and join the team? You can choose 5k, 10k or half-marathon. If you’d like to join us please email email@example.com OR book your place here: https://www.letsdothis.com/gb/e/richmond-park-5k-10k-and-half-marathon-september-191355