Starfish Asia is a partnership. We do not have all the answers – and we cannot raise all the funds on our own. We need to work together as an army of enthusiasts who believe that together we can make a difference! Here are some ideas:
Events and sponsorship
There are all sorts of events that you can sign up for to raise profile and funds for charities like Starfish Asia. You just need to know what you like to do – and then take the step of contacting us!
See what some others have done:
- Jacky lives in Salinas, USA. She was ambitious. She had time on her hands and she wanted to do something to help others. She chose her target – to raise funds for the Holy Shepherd School in Karachi – and she chose her event – to ride her bicycle 2,000 miles to California.Her blog told the story of painful mile after painful mile, making friends, seeing some amazing scenery, and all to focus on a great cause. Could you do that?
- Allan is a fanatic for running. He has done the marathon in the past, but now he just does them to warm up for bigger things.Twice he has done the West Highland Way race from Glasgow to Fort William in Scotland.That’s 95 miles in 30 hours. And he gets people to sponsor him so that their funds go to Starfish Asia through Virginmoneygiving.com
- Jenny can’t do the Marathon or the West Highland Way, but she can do the Great Midlands Fun Run. Every year she applies and she runs.”There was a great atmosphere. The crowds of spectators were brilliant cheering us on and this helped us to keep going. I hope the total will be more than £900.” Sadly, Jenny died in 2019. Could you take her place?
- Dave, our former Chairman, took his daughter to Spring Harvest with a Starfish Asia stand. Other volunteers are manning stands at Church conferences and arranging Coffee Mornings.Could you be a Church rep to distribute Starfish Asia newsletters in your church or to members of home or prayer groups? We will gladly send you extra copies.Please also send us the addresses of friends who might like to know about the needs of Pakistan’s children.For more details, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Limmer does coffee mornings, invites friends and neighbours and tells them about Starfish Asia. He also makes greetings cards and writes books, profits to charity.
- Six runners took part in the British 10K London Run in 2012 and again in 2013. Each time they raised more than £3,000.
Baking for Starfish Asia
Buy a Starfish Cookie Cutter, then make salt dough, bake, paint and varnish.
You can also use the cutter to make biscuits (cookies) in the shape of a starfish and arrange a Cake Sale or coffee morning.
All sorts of starfish cookie cutters, jelly beans, chocolate moulds, icing moulds, etc. are available from amazon.co.uk .
A volunteer in Northern Ireland made 80 Indoor Pot Plant Sticks to raise funds to raise awareness of the plight of Pakistan’s children.
A Church in the Isle of Man raised £500 through a Cake Sale!
“Happy crafting!” said a volunteer. “I have my starfish in a pot of parsley on the kitchen window sill – a great prompter for prayer!”