Job Opportunity: Chief Executive
Starfish Asia is a medium-sized and flexible charity motivated by Christian compassion and focused on the needs of the poor in Pakistan, especially the marginalised Christian community and:
- children who cannot afford to go to school and who therefore face a bleak future of poverty;
- the disabled, the disadvantaged or orphaned and the blind;
- the sick and the suffering, often too poor to obtain proper medical help.
The Charity funds and supports projects in Pakistan run by Christian nationals, based on partnering relationships — we trust them, they trust us. We work closely with Starfish Pakistan, a local NGO based in Lahore that oversees all supported projects. Through them we:
- provide regular funding to 40 primary, middle or secondary schools – approximately 8,000 children;
- provide for 7 homes for disabled, blind or orphaned children, and a vocational training centre;
- provide scholarships for Christian students pursuing higher studies or vocational training;
- provide materials to more than 100 schools that serve the minority Christian community but lack essential resources, such as books, furniture, toilets or washrooms, teacher training and the like.
Our partners in Pakistan are capable, committed people serving their own community with often very limited resources. We are constantly invited to do more and are keen to help as much as funds allow.
Our founder, Mike Wakely, continues to do a great job leading the Charity but is wanting to hand day to day leadership to a younger pair of hands.
We are therefore seeking to appoint a Chief Executive to lead the charity, which is in very good shape, into its next phase of development.
For further information please contact David Wright, Chair of the Board of Trustees: email@example.com / +44 07801 707551.